Blizzard Diablo III To Be Playable on PS3 and XBox360
Blizzard Diablo III To Be Playable on PS3 and XBox360
Alright. It seems that quite a few comments from my last post (Did Blizzard get Hit by Their Own Banstick?) told me that folks are extremely gung ho about Blizzard not getting hacked. Maybe so, maybe no. Did it happen or did it not? All I do know for sure is they are still having issues as of today...@BlizzardCS just tweeted about problems with the "name change". Still bugs...Blizzard seems that they just keep "hacking" away at them. Pun Intended...
Anyways, heres another conspiracy theory, let the flames begin:

Gamasutra. Kinda like a Monster or CareerBuilder for the gaming industry. Well Blizz recently posted a position for a "Senior Software Engineer Console Network". Hear that? CONSOLE NETWORK.
Now this is cut and paste from the site:
Blizzard Entertainment is seeking an enthusiastic software engineer to be a key contributor on the Diablo team. This position is responsible for ensuring the best implementation of sophisticated networking systems on consoles.
Responsibilities
Design, implement, and maintain networking related game systems for the console game.
Identify previously unknown issues and offer solutions.
Requirements
A minimum of 3 years game coding experience
A minimum of 1 shipped multi-platform AAA title (Xbox 360 and PS3) as a network engineer
Familiar with implementing client / server architecture
In-depth knowledge of PSN and Xbox Live
Networking experience in TCP and UDP protocols
Fluent in C / C++
Able to work in a collaborative team environment
Passion for playing console games
Did you see what I saw? "a key contributor on the Diablo team" or under requirements "A minimum of 1 shipped multi-platform AAA title (Xbox 360 and PS3) as a network engineer"?
Interesting, huh? Check it out yourself: Gamasutra- Senior Software Engineer Console Network.
*Now I am not always right, I am not always wrong on my posts. I dont have a crystal ball (although my Mists of Pandaria post might make you believe I do). What I do try to accomplish is give you the most accurate information out there, and give my theory on what its all about. This is one of these posts.
Alto.
(No, I am not drunk Daraxxus)
Remember, if you are not subscribed to RSS feed via email (my posts go directly to your inbox so you dont miss a post!) you can click the Orangish RSS feed up top or click below and enter your email (no one sees it, not even me, you wont get spam of any sort, just my new posts in your inbox) :
Get ALTOs Gold"ish" Advice- The Worst WoW Blog Ever! delivered by email
If you have a twitter account, you can follow me as well: @Altosgold
Comments
Post a Comment