Bodhi Linux 1 1 0 Ubuntu and Enlightenment based Promising Linux distribution Bodhi Linux is a relatively new GNU/Linux distribution being developed by Jeff Hoogland. I had read couple of reviews of Bodhi Linux earlier, but comment from the maintainer of Bodhi Linux in the review of MacPup 520 Linux ( you can read this review here ) , made me take notice of Bodhi Linux, and I decided to give Bodhi Linux a try. Bodhi Linux 1.1.0 is a distribution based on popular GNU/Linux distribution Ubuntu, Bodhi is a Sanskrit word which to some extent means enlightenment, it is widely used in Buddhism and thus the name itself for Bodhi Linux is positive. Bodhi Linux is based on Enlightenment Window Manager, I am huge fan of Enlightenment, I recently reviewed MacPup 520 and I was very impressed with what I saw, thus I had huge expectations from Bodhi Linux. The test environment was very modest, I have a close to four year old Core 2 Laptop with 1.5Ghz processor, which runs VirtualBox, I tested Bodhi ...
Bodhi Linux ARM Alpha Release for RaspBerry Pi Edit/Update: You can find the latest release here -> http://www.bodhilinux.com/downloads_mobile.php Ive been busy with lots of different Bodhi things of the late. The latest of my many projects has been getting the Bodhi desktop functional on the RaspBerry Pi: This first release while having some rough edges does give you a fully functional Enlightenment desktop on top of a Debian Wheezy ARMEL base. I am providing two different downloads which you can find on our source forge page here. The first is an easy to use .img file that can be written to 4GB or larger SD card. If you dislike .img files Ive also provided tar files that contain the boot partition (which should be written to a vfat partition at the start of an SD card) and the root file system (which should be written to the second partition on a card that is extX). The default logins for this image are: bodhi/bodhi root/raspberry The "bodhi" user has sudo rights by def...
Book Review Practical Data Analysis by Hector Cuesta I have been reading this book since last week, and now I want to share my thoughts about it. I was excited to review this because Ive never heard most of the tools it features, like OpenRefine, MongoDB, and MapReduce. The book has 360 pages and surprisingly it covers a lot of topics. Along with that, is the Github repository for all the codes. Practical Data Analysis is all about applications of statistical methodologies on computer science. I find it very useful since this was not taught in my statistics class. In college, we only practice statistics on fields like sociology, psychology, agriculture, economics, chemistry, biology, industrial engineering, and many others, but we were not onto computer science, we only deal with it when coding in R or SAS. Hal Varian once said in this video that, . . . weve got at least hundred statisticians on Google . . . And I was curious about that, I mean, what are they doing on Google? What...
Comments
Post a Comment