Bodhi Linux 1 1 0 Ubuntu and Enlightenment based Promising Linux distribution Bodhi Linux is a relatively new GNU/Linux distribution being developed by Jeff Hoogland. I had read couple of reviews of Bodhi Linux earlier, but comment from the maintainer of Bodhi Linux in the review of MacPup 520 Linux ( you can read this review here ) , made me take notice of Bodhi Linux, and I decided to give Bodhi Linux a try. Bodhi Linux 1.1.0 is a distribution based on popular GNU/Linux distribution Ubuntu, Bodhi is a Sanskrit word which to some extent means enlightenment, it is widely used in Buddhism and thus the name itself for Bodhi Linux is positive. Bodhi Linux is based on Enlightenment Window Manager, I am huge fan of Enlightenment, I recently reviewed MacPup 520 and I was very impressed with what I saw, thus I had huge expectations from Bodhi Linux. The test environment was very modest, I have a close to four year old Core 2 Laptop with 1.5Ghz processor, which runs VirtualBox, I tested Bodhi ...
Bodhi Linux 3 0 0 Release Candidate 1 At Bodhi we work firmly on a "its ready when its ready schedule" as opposed to sticking to our set release goals and churning out something we are not happy with. Better late than never as the saying goes! Just ten days after the targeted release date I am happy to share our first Release Candidate for Bodhi Linuxs third major release: As you can see from the image our default theme has matured some (it is nearly complete in fact). For a full change log you can see my running TODO list as we work towards our 3.0.0 stable release here. Download Links 32bit - ISO Image, MD5sum Legacy - ISO Image, MD5sum 64bit - ISO Image, MD5sum Chromebook - ISO Image, MD5sum Legacy Hardware Support The most important new thing in this release is the addition of an ISO image that supports legacy hardware. The legacy ISO image features a 3.2 kernel that will work on 486 machines (or newer), including non-PAE hardwar...
Bodhi Linux ARM Alpha Release for RaspBerry Pi Edit/Update: You can find the latest release here -> http://www.bodhilinux.com/downloads_mobile.php Ive been busy with lots of different Bodhi things of the late. The latest of my many projects has been getting the Bodhi desktop functional on the RaspBerry Pi: This first release while having some rough edges does give you a fully functional Enlightenment desktop on top of a Debian Wheezy ARMEL base. I am providing two different downloads which you can find on our source forge page here. The first is an easy to use .img file that can be written to 4GB or larger SD card. If you dislike .img files Ive also provided tar files that contain the boot partition (which should be written to a vfat partition at the start of an SD card) and the root file system (which should be written to the second partition on a card that is extX). The default logins for this image are: bodhi/bodhi root/raspberry The "bodhi" user has sudo rights by def...
Comments
Post a Comment