Bobs Burgers If Tina Were A Boy

Bobs Burgers If Tina Were A Boy



Whats recently been on my mind is a character from the Bobs Burgers franchise. A show which was created to fill the void of the King of the Hill being cancelled which is probably why it was picked up because from what I read the original Bobs Burgers pilot was rejected. You know animated features you can really get into them sometimes and Bobs Burgers has a warm place in my heart. It differs to The Simpons and Family Guy even though based using a similar pattern which goes way back to The Flintstones. Tina Belcher who is the oldest child who is a hopeless romantic with a powerful sex drive was originally going to be a boy called Daniel which was named after Dan Mintz who does the voice for the character. Yes, men play female characters in Bobs Burgers, something that is rarely seen in animated features unless its the other way around. You know women playing boys? I was there watching the pilot and thought...no that character just does not fit and fades into the background. As a male the character is sort of nerdy and doesnt really stand out but as a female the character seems to make more sense. 


The character is nothing like Meg Griffin from Family Guy (Dont let the glasses fool you) who is hated with a passion. Tina is more or less dubbed as not being popular (By the wannabe cool girl at school) but that doesnt seem to bother her and she doesnt get bullied to the extent where she wants to cut or kill herself. Shes best known for sulking but is never bratty like her little sister Louise. Looking at the pilot and the outcome it just makes more sense. I think the people behind the series did great changing the character. Because usually in animated features there would be no second thoughts about changing the male to female ratio. I am currently addicted to Bobs Burgers and love when the character appears and does her iconic groan. She really loves ponies and when I see the character who has been featured in quite a few episodes I can see a real teenage girl. Growing up I saw some girls similar to that of Tina who were really into weird things. So yeah if Tina were a boy the series would have most likely taken a different route. My most fave character in the series isnt Tina its actually Linda Belcher. And when I get bored of watching The Simpsons or Family Guy there is always Bobs Burgers. I also love the fact that the store where they live is like is a fictional Brooklyn-like area. I could be wrong but thats all I hear when the characters talk. So yeah if Tina were a boy the series would have been a little different. And if you were to say well it doesnt matter what gender Tina was intended to be. Yes it actually does because it defines her as a character and let me tell you she has quite a lot of fans out there. The question is if she were a boy would she still have all those fans? Or would they not like the character? See we dont know for sure. But I once read a few reviews and they said that the character as a male just doesnt stand out or wouldnt have worked and even I can see that just by comparing Daniel to Tina. As a boy shes pretty much the same character but watching the pilot I have no emotion for her as a male. Meaning I cannot relate to Daniel. He reminds me of Dilbert just bland but Tina as said above is so much more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boardwalk Empire 2ª Temporada S02E01 HDTV

Board Game Giveaways!

brengos13 linux