bluetooth on ubuntu 10 10

bluetooth on ubuntu 10 10


I was testing bluetooth usability on ubuntu 10.10. I used to install bluez manager and utils, but I like the minimalistic approach unless it doesnt work ;)
Adding a new device went ok from the 2nd try, the 1st time it found the phone, but Forward button was gray, even though I selected the phone in the list of found devices.

Sending files to the phone went fine.

Receiving files from the phone failed. I went to preferences.

When clicking Receive Files I got an error:
cannot start personal file sharing preferences program

In ubuntu maverick the personal file sharing is not installed. And this is NOT the same thing as Shared Folders applet. You need to install gnome-user-share package, which is not installed by default in 10.10
After that if you click Receive Files, check the corresponding options from the Receive Files section.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boardwalk Empire 2ª Temporada S02E01 HDTV

Board Game Giveaways!

brengos13 linux